"How many books did you sell today?" I asked one of the girls when she went by. "Only one," she said quietly, "today very few were interested."
- Sometimes the going (the witnessing) is tough.
- Sometimes the people aren't interested.
- Sometimes it rains (and rains hard!).
- Sometimes it's exceedingly hot.
As I sought to encourage the students to keep trying and to persevere, the verse my brother and I had learned at AFCOE last year came to my mind.
"And let us not grow weary in well-doing; for in due season we shall reap if we faint not." Galatians 6:9.
How encouraging is the promise that though it's tough sometimes as we witness for Christ, yet He promises that we will reap if we don't faint!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
* Now, of course, the students have sold a good number of books in their time of outreach! But of course, some days are better than others!