Thursday, October 2, 2014

Meeting Christ – Part 3



Here is the last of our inspiring stories of how some of our students met Christ!

“I lived a very worldly life before I met Jesus Christ since I was not raised a SDA. Though I went to a Methodist Church as a child, Jesus was not part of my life. I lived my life as I chose – ate what I wanted, did what I wanted, etc. Because I always had a good job, I could always afford whatever I wanted and did whatever my worldly friends did. I went to another country to work and began to realize that my life was very meaningless. The only good thing in my life was that I was sending money home to help my parents and siblings. After 4 years in that country, I went back home. During that time, my parents had become converted Christians and were praying for me. One night, I couldn’t sleep and I found a Bible and began to read. I continued to read through the night into the early morning and my relationship with Jesus started that very day. I continued to read the Bible and eventually went to church. After receiving Bible studies, I was baptized! Then I went to be trained as a medical missionary because I want to help people know more about the Lord through health. Now I am studying at PAFCOE to understand the prophecies of the Bible better so I can be a more effective worker for the Lord. I currently work with the medical missionary work and enjoy it so much! God really changed my life!”

“I was raised in New York City listening to all kinds of bad music. I wanted to become a famous rapper or an actor. My Dad was a Catholic and my Mom was a backslidden Adventist, and consequently I didn’t know much about God. When my parents divorced, it brought great destruction upon my siblings and I. I became very angry and rebellious. My Mom then went back to the SDA church and worked double time to pay for her 4 kids. I was the child that got into the most trouble! My brothers and sisters accepted Christ long before me and tried to get me to go to church, but I loved the world and all it offered me. I became more rebellious and lived a life on the streets with gangs. Later in life, I found myself in trouble with the law and that’s where I found Christ. I almost committed suicide because my life was in such a mess. I was in more trouble than I could handle! The very night I was going to end my life, Christ came to me in a vision to prevent me from doing it. He told me He would bring me out of this mess and to come, follow Him because I was one of His disciples. I began to cry so much and a great unexplainable peace came over me. My life changed dramatically that day. The life I lived before I no longer loved. The music I loved before, I hated now. I love to hear the hymns and psalms now! God gave me a new heart! I joined the Assembly of God church and for 6 years continued there. I got involved with the tongue speaking (babbling), but God began impressing me with His true Sabbath. I started to feel empty in that church and started to question my Pastors about the Sabbath and amazingly, they gave me answers that didn’t harmonize with the Bible! I then began attending an Adventist church nearby and in 2007, was baptized! It has been a long journey on this road! Thanks be to God for His unspeakable faithfulness to me! He never left me alone! I will never think of turning back! My life today is to proclaim the everlasting gospel to those who have never heard and now I am a student at PAFCOE, learning to fulfill the Savior’s Commission!”

“I was born as an Adventist, but I have a very unique love story with Jesus in the journey of my life! I grew up on the farm with a very simple life. After high school, I got a job for 3 years as a carpenter mason. By the time I was 20 years old, I had almost died in 13 different times. Because of the influence of the city where I was working, I slowly became very worldly. I almost married my girlfriend but something happened and I ended up going to an Adventist college and there I really met Jesus. It was so hard for me to adjust at the college because I thought everyone around me was so brilliant and wise and I am not! I didn’t have money for my needs, either, so I got odd jobs cleaning the staff’s garage, washing clothes, cleaning the church and other things. Whenever I had problems, I went to the roof of the church and prayed to God. Soon I joined the program of the literature evangelists and there in canvassing, I learned how great God really is! When I gave my life to Christ to serve Him forever, I was so happy and had a peace I had never experienced before! I love to find creative ways to share Jesus! One time, I went to a large church (prominent church here in the Philippines) and entered the prayer room as if to write a prayer request. What I wrote was this, ‘The time will come when your idols will make miracles because Satan will use them. If you want to know the truth, find a Sabbath-keeper – the people with the truth who are waiting for Jesus to come.’ I dropped the paper in the box and went out. Maybe God will use it to touch someone! I love to distribute tracts and papers for Christ and was able to give away many of them in the city that was the worst hit in the terrible typhoon last year. I hope many of the people were able to read them. I have been so blessed to be able to canvass many of the ‘elite’ people to buy our books and many have! I love to share my love story with Jesus to them! He provides all my needs and even some of my wants! Now God guided me to join PAFCOE to mold and improve my character and I’m so very blessed being here! I have learned so many things here and God has been helping me to improve my knowledge to witness for Him. I have so many more experiences to share of what God has done for me and how He has guided my life! Please include me in your prayers that we will be saved in heaven at last with those we have shared our experiences with!”

Yes, please pray for our students and all their Bible study interests! God is using them and we will be sharing more stories from their outreach in the new update!